Category : Blog
Looking for an auto repair shop might be tedious or confusing sometimes. On one side you have to see your pocket on the other hand you also have to avoid the future major expenses resulting because of your cheap oil change or repair service. Everybody nowadays is looking for a company or shop that is certified by a big standard for auto repairs.
By taking about a bigger standard in auto repairs you cannot miss out on the ASE. National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence is an
internationally recognized standard of auto repairs and services. The National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence is a non-profit organization that tests and certifies the competence of individual automotive repair technicians.
The ASE has made some of the points available to us when looking for an auto repair service in your area, those are accessible as follow:
Consider the prices: Prices may vary as per the area you are looking into. If suppose you are in the wealthy area you could expect up to $90 on the labor charges, while some cheap areas might also be going for $40. If you see a bigger shop area and too many people working in there, you might get expected to get a good service but better be prepared to spend some good bucks too.
Ask the right questions to the right people: When you go in the shop to get their service. It is your right to ask whatever questions you want to and have full details of what all operations and charges would be charged on the vehicle. Ask about the warranty of the service? Prices what effects it has on the vehicle how much time would it take to do the following etc.
Keep your options open: When looking for an auto repair shop do not just stick to one shop, keep your options open go at different places and ask out the questions or queries you have and also about their prices for the services too. Do not necessarily go with the one charging the lesser amount as there would be some out there not experienced doing everything for cheap just to earn out some money.
Some more of the key guidelines go as follows:
- Ask friends, co-workers, family for recommendations, always go with the word of the mouth.
- Look for tidy and well organized business area and offices. Yes they are interested in business that is they want to make their presence felt.
- Do not make a selection as per the local convenience or monetary matters itself.
- Determine their online presence before you enter into the shop. Learn about them by doing your homework by looking at their Facebook page or website.
- Professional people are courteous and are very helpful looking for these points while talking to the managers of the shop.
- Labor fees or any other services fees should be told you the customer first hand before their vehicle takin in for any kind of service.
- The total amount that you have to pay should not be more than 15% of the estimated amount that has been told to you while signing the contract or at the time of taking in your vehicle.
- Start looking for a repair shop when you do not need one so you can make better decisions when you are not in a rush.
- Look for the Blue Seal of ASE, National Institute of Automotive Service Excellence is the highest standards by which an auto service shop could go.
- Ask for the warranty time and service and ask if it could be given in writing, to avoid any future problems.
The Blue Seal says it all
ASE is like a grade that is given to a particular shop on certain conditions. To qualify for this 75% of all the mechanics or persons working in the shop should be ASE Certified. This might include the people including the workers in the front office like the advisors, managers and the people in the back office like the mechanics and technicians etc.